Wednesday, September 18, 2013

My Autobiography (:

Hey everybody my name is Emily! My entire family knows me by Mily, but I prefer Emily. :) I’ve spent all fifteen years of my life living with both of parents and my twin sister, Valerie. Yes, I do have a twin so if you see somebody who looks exactly like me, be aware that I might not be me, but my sister, Valerie. Just kidding. My twin sister and I look absolutely NOTHING alike. Her hair is dyed, mine’s not. She’s tan, I’m not. I wear braces, she doesn’t. We are complete opposites! 
Seventh and eighth grades were very different for me, not only because I was no longer in elementary school, but because I feel like I kind of broke out of my shell a bit. I was a shy person in elementary school until I joined the AVID program in eighth grade which really helped me grow out of my comfort zone. In eighth grade, I became accustomed to public speaking because we did a lot of that in AVID. I’m really glad I joined AVID because I feel like it really shaped me into the person I am today. 
This summer I volunteered at the YMCA which was really fun. I got to work with other high school kids like me and I also got to work with younger kids who are still in elementary school. It was a very fun and different experience for me considering the fact that I don’t have younger siblings so it was pretty hard to tame the kids at times. Let’s just say I’m not the best with children. :) This actually felt like a real job. We got time cards, coffee, and everything! But overall it was very exciting and I plan on doing it again next summer. :)  
Just today I started wrestling conditioning and it was tiring, but exciting. My sister and a lot of my friends did it last year and said it was pretty fun, so I thought I’d give it a go! My family thinks that I’d make a good wrestler due to my flexibility, but to be honest, I’m a little scared. But I’m pretty sure it’s going to be fun. Let’s see how this goes. :/ Besides it’s always good to learn something new! :) I can’t wait til we start the actual thing! :) Anyway, high school is alright so far. I always knew it would be just how I thought it’d be–stressful. Stress is something that never goes away when it comes to school, for me at least. Something i learned within these two years is that you won’t always get what you want. I was always a straight-A student up until last year when I got just as many Bs as I did As. This year I requested and was recommended for Honors English, but unfortunately, it wasn’t listed in my schedule. At first, I was very disappointed so I talked to my counselor and she kept telling me it was full. So I decided to stay in English 2 and so far I’m really liking the class. :) Besides, two AP classes, Honors English, and AVID is WAY too much for me now that I think about it. So no thanks!  :) 
Once I’m done with and graduated from high school, I’m hoping to get into either UC Davis or UCLA and major in psychiatry. Not only will I be getting my bachelor’s degree, but I’m hoping to get either a Master’s or Doctorate’s degree. I just really hope nothing gets in the way of my dreams. I also want to travel A LOT. New York City has always been a place that I’ve wanted to visit so hopefully it happens one day. Maybe I’ll settle there, who knows? Either there or Boston. Both places really suit my liking. Big cities with lots of shops and people are my favorites! 
Thank you so much for reading! Hopefully, I didn’t bore you. :) By the way, have any of you visited NY or Boston? If so, when? If not, would you like to someday? 

No comments:

Post a Comment